The Twitter Chat
About the #blogtacular twitter chat
Each month on the first Wednesday evening we host an hour long blogger chat on a different topic.
We will pose four – six questions around the subject throughout the hour as well as taking quick straw polls. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn from each other and to share your experiences. We use the chat to create a blog post to capture the ideas shared.
When is it?
The first Wednesday evening of each month at 9pm UK, 4pm Eastern & 1pm Pacific time.
How does it work?
All members of the twitter chat use the hashtag #Blogtacular on their tweets so they can be seen by everyone following the chat.
Questions will be posed by the @Blogtacular account and people respond adding the hashtag to their answer.
The #Blogtacular chat is incredibly friendly and continues to be a great resource thanks to the generous community. To help the chat stay like this here are a few basic guidelines:
- Be respectful to each other; disagree with points, not people.
- Use the hashtag on all of your tweets and replies.
- Please keep your tweets on the topic of the chat.
- The chat isn’t a link drop, promo opportunity or place to ask for new followers. Please do not use the hashtag for unrelated tweets.
- Hootsuite: set up a free Hootsuite account and create a stream for the #Blogtacular hashtag. Downside: You will need to refresh manually as Hootsuite only refreshes every two minutes automatically. Benefit: You can have a stream for your mentions alongside so you don’t miss any replies to your tweets.
- Twubs: open the #Blogtacular Twubs page and you should see the stream ready for you. Downside: You might miss any tweets to you not on the hashtag. Benefits: It adds the hashtag to your tweets automatically and updates quickly.