With the clocks springing forward in the UK this week, lambs bouncing in the field, Magnolias bursting forth – there is no question that Spring is here. While spring cleaning your house is a well trodden path this season, what about giving your blog a reshuffle for the season? That was the subject of our recent twitter chat.
Want to read the whole chat, check out our storify!
Do you do anything each Spring to get your blog ready for the season? Do any Spring cleans?
- Naturally bringing in a spring theme to my crafts and DIYs. @MadebyMolu
- Check which posts bring in most traffic, give them a new photo, plan new posts based on what people liked this year. @LovingOurPics
- Spring Clean! Change colours: layout/fonts 😉 just a bring spring-y feel to the blog! @fashaks
- I have updated my About Me, added a photo on my sidebar, and social media buttons. @p_gen_says
- I go back to my spring archive and re-share posts on FB and Pinterest. @nurturestore
- Put a button in your sidebar that links through to spring-content. @nurturestore
And don’t forget an important tip for self-hosted Word Press bloggers:
How does your content change in Spring?
- I start to feature recipes for warmer weather and more outdoor activities. @edenhensley
- Spring will probably bring more outfit posts back to the blog, now that its not freezing cold and I can shoot outside. @LixHewitt
- I do posts on Easter + Mother’s Day + getting ready for summer – few picnics, surf sessions and sunny days out. @SerpentineShore
- No longer battling with an hour a day to get everything photographed. @MiaFleur_home
- Every season/occasion/event is a craft-maker’s inspiration. @MadebyMolu
Who uses seasonal events as a basis for their posts? How long in advance do you start posting?
- Post about a month ahead, right up until the day. @CaptureByLucy
- ATM only in retrospect talking about what family has been up to – I’d like to start being a bit more organised. @CarieMayMakes
- I plan a few weeks in advance – soon I will be doing summer posts. @needaphone
Its not just blog content to think about – brush up your social media for the season as well!
What are you going to do to get your blog ready for Spring?
- Making my content clearer to follow. I’ve started putting the topic before the post title. @p_gen_says
- Time management. I struggle to get blog posts written as creating the work for them. @ElistonButton
- Being more organised and sticking to plans. Maybe play with the design more. Nothing too tedious. @MadebyMolu
- We are making more of an effort here on twitter. We had ‘dry spells’, not good, so we’ve upped our game. @mummyvsdaddy
Come join us on Twitter every Wednesday at 9pm UK time for our awesome #blogtacular twitter chat!