Next up in our Blogtacular Meets series, we have Katie Sadler from the blog BeNourished here for a chat all about blogging!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your blog:
I am a food and drink lover living in London. I love creating and testing out healthy recipes, and share the results, along with workouts and general lifestyle pieces, on my blog. It’s become a space for me to share whatever’s on my mind, rather than a pure food blog.
2. What made you decide to start blogging in the first place?
I started my blog at the beginning of 2014 as my husband and I were having some trouble getting pregnant, and the doctors suggested that lifestyle could be playing a part. I didn’t consider myself unhealthy, but I didn’t really exercise and definitely drank more than the recommended weekly allowance in wine! Writing about healthy recipes and the exercise I had done that week helped to motivate me and keep me on track. Since then it’s evolved a little bit to be more of a general lifestyle blog, but food and wellbeing will remain at its heart.
3. How did you decide on BeNourishd as a name?
I wanted something that was about wellbeing generally, and thought nourishment covered both bodily and mental health. I really wanted benourished, but that was taken so I dropped the ‘e’ in true web start up fashion!
4. What has been your biggest blogging challenge?
I did get pregnant, hurrah, but I also had HORRENDOUS morning sickness. Blogging about food when the thought of it was making me sick was very tough. Now, with the baby here, finding time to cook and photograph recipes has been hard, but as we get used to each other (he’s just over 5 weeks old as I write this), it’s definitely getting easier.
5. Over your time blogging, what has been your biggest blogging success? It could be an award, a post that you think really struck a chord or just a “YES!” moment from your blogging experience?
This isn’t a huge deal to most people, I’m sure, but a couple of people have said I’ve inspired them to try something new or do things differently and that really makes me SO happy and makes me want to stick with it. Every time someone comments on one of my posts I feel like a huge blogging success!
6. Tell us about your blogging routine. Do you us an editorial calendar? Do you plan in advance or blog it as it happens?
Generally I will plan out the month in advance. The recipes will just say ‘recipe’ until I know what I want to cook, but I’ll try to work out what I want to post and when at the end of the previous month. Then I start writing when I have a bit of time and/or inspiration and get as much done in one go as I can.
7. We’d love to see and hear about where you blog.
Sadly I don’t have a very beautiful blogging space! At the minute most of the “magic” happens on my phone at 3am during the night feeds! But I do love writing on our kitchen table, and as all the food is prepared and photographed there, I thought that was apt for this photo!
8. What are your blogging goals for 2015?
I’m taking it slowly for the first quarter, as I have a newborn and he takes up a lot of time! But I am still aiming to blog regularly during this time – at least a couple of times a week – and I’d really like to double traffic to the site by the end of the year.
9. If you could give new bloggers one top tip, what would it be?
Connect with other bloggers, they are some of the most supportive people out there!
10. What made you push the “Buy Now” button on your ticket for Blogtacular 2015?
I watched a lot of what happened last year through Instagram and Twitter and it just looked so inspiring and fun! As soon as tickets went on sale I bought one.
11. How has blogging changed your life?
Well, it definitely kept me on track with my health resolutions! And after 3 months of healthier living I did actually get pregnant and now I’m writing this on my phone with my baby asleep next to me! So a pretty huge life change!!
12. Which 3 blogs do you read every week without fail.
Thanks so much to Katie for stopping by! You can find her: